Redhead Fangirl

Thursday, May 28

my first BookExpo



Why a smaller BookExpo might be a better BookExpo
There has been a lot of publishing and librarian talk about the 'smaller' BEA, with less publishers, professionals, librarians (down 25%). But just as our friends bring us NY Comicon at Javits...the floor plan is still overwhelming, with thousands of exhibitors and hundreds of authors. Going only a single day, I think that I will be more than satisfied for my $55 fee.

I only wish my library system would have given me the day off and/or paid my way. But this way it's my time, no memos, evaluations and overall county paperwork to 'justify' why the hell a librarian might actually find value in the BEA.

Pouring through the 15 pages of authors autographing on Friday alone is enough. I'll be twittering and taking photos I'll post later.

On the GN front: James Strum "Adventures in Cartooning", Kim Deitch, Dash Shaw will be there...Robert Kirkman is supposed to be in the Diamond Booth, with Becky Cloonan.

Darce Bram Stoker, Karin Slaughter, Heather Graham, Lee Child, Julianne Moore (Freckleface Strawberry and the Dodgeball Bully), Chuck Klosterman.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home